Sunday, December 27, 2009

Floor Work, March '09

Putt-Putt came to us with very little rust, being a Texas Bus, but there were two pinholes, one each on the driver's & passenger's front floors, where moisture tends to collect under the floor mat. A full panel replacement would be nice, but probably not justified for such a a small defect, at least not for now. By the time I got to it, the pinholes were well on their way to becoming quarter-sized holes. Eeek! A whole bunch of cleaning & grinding led to a surface where some fiberglass could be laid down, and after it cured, I used what I had lying around. A can of white bedliner from the Dollar Store went on first, followed by some white Rust-Oleum, and the two cans of NAPA rubberized undercoating, which I actually bought for the purpose. the final layer is all NAPA undercoating, & extends down the doglegs to keep them from rusting. I also sealed the underside of the patches with it. Not bad, I think. Keeps the water out...

No comments: